SIMPLE. POSITIVE. HEALTHY. SUPPORTIVE.
Most of the time in life, it’s easier when things are simple. And that’s our approach to day habilitation and in-home habilitation for our members. Our team works with members, and members work with each other, to develop the skills necessary to live an independent and productive life. From symptom management & coping skills, to every day tasks like how to make grilled cheese and how to have a productive conversation with a friend, our goal is to break life down to its simplest form. And work together to reach each member’s goals while building community.
Who We Are:
Simple Life, Inc. is a non-profit organization created to assist individuals with disabilities in improving and building their life skills.
We want to help individuals become as independent and productive as possible.
We are committed to utilizing a broad range of community service opportunities including responsibility for cleaning a street for the City of Sioux City.
Some of our outreach opportunities include:
What We Do:
Habilitation is assistance with acquisition, retention or improvement in skills related to living in the community.
At Simple Life, Inc. members identify the skills they need or want to improve, in order to reach their goals, and we support them in their efforts to achieve:
- symptom management
- coping skills/crisis management
- setting goals for achievement
- maintaining an apartment
- developing supportive relationships outside of professional service providers
- reducing dependence upon social services
- expanding and developing options for leisure activities
- finding ways to contribute to the Community
Day Habilitation Schedule
Under normal circumstances, we will operate
Monday through Friday according to the following
daily schedule. Times may vary due to weather.
Schedule is subject to change. Individuals will be
given the opportunity to select the degree to which
they choose to participate in all activities offered.
9:00 – Individuals Arrive
9:30 – 10:30 Skills Work*
10:30 – 11:30 Creative Expression*
11:30 – 12:15 Lunch Break
12:15 – 2:15 Community Involvement*
2:30 – Individuals Return Home
*These 3 activities are rotated as schedule allows.
Habilitation services are geared to:
- Identify the members interest preferences skills strengths and contributions
- Identifying the members interests preference skills and strengths for exercising
- Participating in community activities related to hobbies and leisure
- Participating in community activities related to personal health and wellness
- Participating in community activities related to cultural civic and religious interests
- Participating in volunteer opportunities
- Training and education in self advocacy and self determination
- Use of transportation and other community resources
- Assistance with developing and maintaining natural relationships in the community
- Assistance with identifying and using natural supports
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Your Tax Deductible Donation Helps Us Continue to Help Others
You can help by making a tax-deductible donation so we can continue to serve our current members—and grow to help even more!
No amount is too small (or too large)! Every bit helps.